Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Ready for the weekend

My whole wheat bread is baked, so if I bake anything this weekend it will just be some sourdough rolls. I love my new KitchenAid 600 Pro. Makes bread so easily, and does such a good job of kneading the dough. It handled the 940 grams of flour with ease. I then baked it in my brand new clay baker from King Arthur Flour , it's a really nice baker.  I grease both top and bottom with crisco, and put 2 lbs of dough into it, but 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 would have worked a little better.  It filled the pan and the loaf ended up shaped like the pan, but it had wonderful color to the crust and a great crumb for sandwich bread.  Put it into the oven at 400* for 1/2 an hour, then took cover off and baked for another ten minutes.  It made a really awesome loaf, not very pretty though.
From WholeWheat


Andy said I put the lid on crooked.  The crumb had big holes at the top and small at the bottom, but for the most part I think this would have been a really nice looking loaf if the baker hadn't compressed it with the lid.

 Now I get to sit back for the weekend and do things with my husband, rather than bake all day.  Still have a cherry braid in the freezer to eat, no sugar cinnamon raisin rolls for breakfast, plus banana bread which I have no idea what I will do with.  Have kaiser rolls ready for hamburgers, so as long as we don't decide to have hot dogs I'm all set!  Maybe those kaiser rolls would be good with the leftover steak cut up into strips and combined with onions and mushroom and cream cheese.  Nummy, sounds like a philly cheese steak sandwich.....

No comments:

Post a Comment